Our Mission: To provide a fun and creative environment for learning that will inspire children to become life-long readers and writers.
The camp started in 1991 with the idea of showing children that learning can be fun, vibrant and with no need to sit at a desk. With plenty of movement to explore, analyze, reflect, collaborate and share, campers are actively engaged. They are given time in an unpressured atmosphere to enjoy what they are learning.
The program is guided by master teachers and artists who believe in the power of imagination to foster a love of reading and writing. The staff are experienced, talented and passionate about teaching young minds and inspiring campers to realize their potential.
We are also staffed with high-school students who, as former campers, can relate on many different levels. They serve as excellent role models, individuals for campers to admire and respect. While our student volunteers are trained in reading and writing practices, their primary goal is to ensure that each camper enjoys social experiences and activities every day.
CAMP SUMMERSET IS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION 501(C)(3) public charity. Please consider Donating.
Why Kids Love Us:
- We make learning fun
- Everyone makes new friends
- Campers can choose what they want to learn
- We revel in their accomplishments, no matter how small
- We respect each child as an individual, without judgment or criticism
Why Parents Love Us:
- We care about each and every child and it shows
- The student/teacher ratio is small by design
- We provide individual attention and support, so students make great leaps in learning
- We are staffed with Master teachers and high school volunteers (who were former campers)
- We are Affordable
- We make learning fun. Campers have so much fun, they don’t realize how much they are learning!